Friday, June 4, 2010

Let's move to China

This morning, Mo asked: "What are we going to do today?"
"Well, I have to bake a cheese cake and I'm going to clean the house. My man's sister and her family will visit us tomorrow."
"Uh!" cried Mo, "this hysteric pre-visitor house cleaning is a strange habit. Besides, the house looks very cosy right now, covered with all the fabric scraps. Can't we do something more fun?"
"No" I replied.
"In China you would be thought of as very rude!" Mo talked back to me. "That is to say, in China it is believed to be impolite if you give your guests the feeling that they somehow could disturb the tidiness of the host's home. The guests would feel uncomfortable."
"So, what am I supposed to do now?" I asked, knowing Mo wouldn't surrender anyhow.
"Well, we could decorate the deer antler lamp for instance" she said. And this is what we did with the help of a crochet hook, wooden beads and some felted bird garlands:


Afterwards Mo was satisfied and vanished. I started to bake the cake:


Then I put away lots of fabric shreds, in case of our visitors would like to take a seat somewhere.


At last, I run out of time for deep cleansing, because I had to fetch my son from kindergarten. I promised myself, I would mop the floors in the evening. But this was before I got this amazing email by Folly & Glee , telling me, that Mo & Me was featured by her. I spend the evening browsing that wonderful site. Especially I fell in love with her patch work lampshades like this. The most stunning one is made of cut out vintage wallpaper!
Maybe I'll mop the floors towmorrow - or I'm going to move to China. However, when Mo shows up again, I have to tell her, how very delighted I am with her idea to start blogging.

3 comments:

  1. Yo Mo
    nice of you to mention the lampshades. loving the green wall/birch wallpaper combo. Did you paint over bottom section or is the wallpaper just above the dado?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Polly

    my pleasure, I really fell in love with your beautiful lampshades!
    The wallpaper is "woods" Cole and Son and since my budget is really small I never would even dare to think about painting over it :-). I saved every little snippet from it. It's a great vintage design by Michael Clark from the year 1959.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Como são lindas as suas coisas
    gloria

    ReplyDelete

Mo and me are absolutely delighted with reading comments, because they tell us, you had been here. :-)